Sunset At Raquette Lake

Sunset At Raquette Lake
Block I trip to Camp Huntington

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The National Library of Virtual Manipulatives

Yesterday in one of my education courses, my teacher showed us a VERY handy math resource website. It is the site for the National Library of Virtual Manipulatives (nlvm.usu.edu). This website has a bunch of virtual manipulatives you can use for virtually any content area and any grade level. There are visual tools for all standard areas of mathematics that can be used as a visual aid to teach concepts such as fractions, and angles.

This is something I thought could really be helpful in my future classroom or any other classrooms in the present times or the future! I believe that this can make difficult concepts much easier to truly understand. It will also b a good resource to use for children who need extra visual aids to grasp concepts. Lastly, if classroom manipulatives are lost, destroyed, or there just is not enough for the class, this is a GREAT alternative.

I am very happy that my teacher shared this website with us and plan on using it in my own classroom someday!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a helpful website! I know that for me especially, manipulatives were always needed to help me better underdstand a math concept. And it incorporates technology as well, which is even better to engage the students in the subject!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! It was a wonderful website. I only hope that I can remember all of these great sites since I won't be teaching for another year.

    ReplyDelete